The Royal collection was created in 1907. Its design, with its sober expression, corresponds to the New Empire aesthetics that were gaining popularity at the start of the century, at the expense of Art Nouveau decorativeness. The perfection of the classical forms and the decent decoration using precision cutting with a minimum of gold gives the collection self-confidence and a firm character.
The classic form with its clean silhouette and smooth walls sets off the optical qualities of Moser crystal. The transition from the walls to the cut hexagonal stem is decorated with a band of subtle diamond cut. It forms the seeming center of gravity of all the glasses and makes them very pleasant to hold. The gentle elegance is highlighted by a thin line of 24 carat gold around the upper rim of the bowls.
The Royal collection owes its name to a commission for King Edward VII, who ordered it for his wife, Queen Alexandra. It was in large part the success of the Royal collection that helped Moser to gain the title of court supplier to the king of England.